How Thompson Technique Benefits Doctor & Patient
A Better Way Forward
The benefits of the Thompson Technique were made clear before the technique was even developed. Ever since J. Clay Thompson's used table was found to provide better results than existing tables at the time, doctors and patients alike have been enjoying a wide variety of positive results that have transformed the world of chiropractic.
The Thompson technique has some great benefits to the practicing Chiropractor, making analysis and adjustment easier, as well as lessening the impact on the practicing doctor's body.
- The analysis is systematic and simple to follow, allowing the doctor to locate a vertebral subluxation quickly and accurately.
- The leg check analysis makes it easier to determine if a patient's legs are not equal lengths, which can contribute to issues the patient is experiencing. It also gives the doctor a distinct pre and post check so the doctor has confidence that a correction was made.
- The Thompson Table allows for less wear and tear on the doctor's body when providing an adjustive thrust. The Thompson table was developed by Dr. Thompson to provide a more gentle adjustment for both the patient and the doctor.
As a student at Palmer School of Chiropractic, Dr. Thompson noticed the adjusting tables had not been updated in many years. The new principle of the drop mechanism allows for a much more gentle and effective adjustment for the patient and doctor. The Chiropractor can provide a correction with the patient in more neutral positions than the earlier techniques and the speed of the drop piece allows the doctor to use much less force while continuing to get positive results.
The Thompson Technique provides a host of health benefits that go beyond the treatment of symptoms. This chiropractic technique aligns your body back into its natural healing state.
- increased flexibility and strength
- improved posture
- better resistance to injury
- improved ability to relax
- better sleep patterns
- reduced stress
- pain relief
- better overall health
Talk to Us
If you’d like to talk to one of our caring and competent representatives, get in touch today!